Ken Miller found guilty

Here's the place to discuss current events and politics: How they affect us, what the ramifications are, how we should respond, and anything else related

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Ken Miller found guilty

Postby ernie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:52 pm

RobertM wrote: I would have worked hard to get ACLJ and understanding media involved.

Would ACLJ work against ACLU?
"But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one.
Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city."

Affiliation: Beachy-Amish Mennonite
ernie
Uber Menno Guru

Postby gcdonner » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:38 am

ernie wrote:
RobertM wrote: I would have worked hard to get ACLJ and understanding media involved.

I don't know either one of those fellows. Are they new to MD?
Immersed in the Water of the Word and the Spirit, again and again!
gcdonner
Needs MD Anonymous

Postby temporal1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:11 pm

Thanks be to God, He giveth us the victory thru our Lord Jesus Christ.
ICor15:57
temporal1
Needs MD Anonymous

Postby knotdust » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:02 pm

In response to PC's post about the Russian Mennonites. There was a film put out a number of years ago produced by a man with Russian Mennonite background. The title of the film was "And when they shall Ask" It was the story of what happened in Russia during the Bolshevik Revolution. Not suitable for younger children. It covers many of the things that took place in the Mennonite communities there. View it sometime if it is still available. The producers last name was Durksen.
knotdust
Attentive Learner

Postby Valerie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:32 pm

So, Monday he faces a judge for decision to possibly serve up to 3 years jail time-
Prayers for Ken & Family and God's will.
Valerie
Voluble Menno Guru

Location: Between Cleveland OH & Holmes Co Oh-transplant from S. Calif

Postby ernie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:02 am

Valerie wrote:

So, Monday he faces a judge for decision to possibly serve up to 3 years jail time-

Are you going to the sentencing? He and his wife would be blessed I'm sure for support, even if they never met you. We Mennos are that way.
Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city."

ernie
Uber Menno Guru

Postby temporal1 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:22 am

ernie wrote:
Valerie wrote:

Are you going to the sentencing?
He and his wife would be blessed I'm sure for support, even if they never met you. We Mennos are that way.
it would be wonderful to be there, i saw the open invitation on Ken's website for folks to be present in support (altho unlikely he could speak, or maybe not even be seen-?)
i have friends in Vermont i'm planning to call today that i'm hoping might be able to be present.

i have seen NOTHING in mainstream "news" reporting on this report. not one word.
plenty on the general subject - ALL of it on obama's prodding the Supreme Court Justices to strike down DOMA.
nothing, not a word, to balance "that."

excusively, everything is being reported that would further stifle Ken Miller and ALL proponents of traditional marriage.
temporal1
Needs MD Anonymous

Postby Valerie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:35 am

ernie wrote:
Valerie wrote:

Are you going to the sentencing? He and his wife would be blessed I'm sure for support, even if they never met you. We Mennos are that way.

I know you Mennos are that way, as the Amish are that way too which is one thing that is a testimony to your faith that the world looks on in awe it seems. Take for example an Amish/Mennote funeral-people i know have gone to great lengths and expense (some traveling by bus/amtrak who don't fly nor drive) and it has really touched my heart.

Will you be there Ernie? Some will have to stay and pray but it would be wonderful to see an outpouring of support.
Valerie
Voluble Menno Guru

Postby ernie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:59 am

Valerie wrote:I know you Mennos are that way, as the Amish are that way too which is one thing that is a testimony to your faith that the world looks on in awe it seems. Take for example an Amish/Mennote funeral-people i know have gone to great lengths and expense (some traveling by bus/amtrak who don't fly nor drive) and it has really touched my heart.

Will you be there Ernie? Some will have to stay and pray but it would be wonderful to see an outpouring of support.

I wish I could be but no, we will stay and pray.

ernie
Uber Menno Guru

Postby Valerie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:25 am

ernie wrote:

You Betcha they would-they are opposed to ACLU constantly
Valerie
Voluble Menno Guru

Postby Wayne in Maine » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:29 am

ernie wrote:
Valerie wrote:I know you Mennos are that way, as the Amish are that way too which is one thing that is a testimony to your faith that the world looks on in awe it seems. Take for example an Amish/Mennote funeral-people i know have gone to great lengths and expense (some traveling by bus/amtrak who don't fly nor drive) and it has really touched my heart.

Likewise. We seriously considered going, but have a schedule conflict.
"To follow the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ and to walk in his footsteps."
Wayne in Maine
Needs MD Anonymous

Postby temporal1 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:33 am

Wayne in Maine wrote: Likewise. We seriously considered going, but have a schedule conflict.
from what i saw, there were few at his first hearing, i think close family only; i hope there will be many tomorrow.
prayers+letters are requested, i know they will be coming from all over the world.

i don't know how they determine/limit visitors after the sentencing. it's mentioned, there is a process.
temporal1
Needs MD Anonymous

Postby Wayne in Maine » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:43 am

ernie wrote:

"To follow the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ and to walk in his footsteps."
Wayne in Maine
Needs MD Anonymous

Postby Valerie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:47 am

Valerie wrote:
ernie wrote:

You Betcha they would-they are opposed to ACLU constantly

Okay am quoting myself. WOULD KEN MILLER WANT the ACLJ working towards his freedom?
Honestly, I think not. After considering so many of the teachings of the Anabaptists I believe they'd have a difficult time in a lawyer trying to free them-it seems they would pray for deliverance yet desire God's will and that He be glorified and willing to suffer loss. I wonder what his good friend David Bercot would think about ACLJ? Since he is a lawyer, wonder his perspective.
Valerie
Voluble Menno Guru

Postby ernie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:41 pm

ernie
Uber Menno Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events and Politics